First I cut out a mask by stamping onto copy paper.. I used a temporary glue tape pen to adhere the mask to my work. ( I highly recommend this type of tape pen as I find so many uses for it).
My image card was 17cm square and I stamped the image centrally and covered it over with the mask. Please note; clean your stamp to get off any remaining ink as you are only using the skirt part of the stamp and do not want a shadow impression of the head.
I re-inked the skirt and stamped it again keeping the legs on the mask. I repeated this once more moving the mask over the last stamped area as I went.
Next a channel was created using two strips of paper down the right side where the treble cleft image was stamped. the ‘Party!’ image was placed below to off balance the visual weight of the image to the left.
Finally using a Quicky Glue Pen I dotted over the dress and sprinkled ultra fine glitter on top of the dress to give it a jewel encrusted look.
The use of Space on this card created an opulent feel, having rounded corners on all the layers with a black mat creating a statement; Less is more works really well here.
This rocking card is a style I have been playing around with lately and I don’t think I am going to tire of it as it is so unusual and lends beautifully to this image.
The lower part of the card is cut out using Grand Nestibilitiy dies, one a straight oval and the other a scalloped oval. Both dies were the largest in each of the sets.
Using Super smooth white card for the straight oval I stamped stars and snow flakes over the card in Versa Mark. Silver Wow embossing powder was used to great effect to create this sparkling background.
The card was colour tinted using a green distressing and a brush. This effect is very on trend at the moment and helps to tone in withe the dress of the lady.
Again on super smooth card I stamped the lady and coloured her with Pro-markers. Using a Quicky Glue Pen I dotted over the dress and sprinkled ultra fine glitter on top of the dress to give it a jewel encrusted look.
The image and mat were cut using die and layered up. The paper roses when made are sprayed with Crafter’s Companion silver glitter spray and attached with Pin Flair gel which is sturdy . I hoped you liked them. I am off to plan some Christmas card for October.